Monday, December 1, 2008

10 th trip Back Kuching

Today (1/12) at 9.00 am we left Bintulu for the road again. On this 10th trip back Kuching, Mama remained very cool. She was a bit grumpy at first especially when we had to climb the bumpy farm road before we could hit the smooth highway. I was in tears. I loved Bintulu for its jungle and freedom to wander about the bushes, chasing after birds, butterflies, grasshoppers, lizards and giant millipede. But Mama was kind and loving today. She comforted me and tried her best to cool my nerves. Finally after about half an hour through the journey I settled down after sensing that all the rest of the company were telling me not to fear or cry too long. Everything's OK. Thanks to Mama for all her moral support.

Me taking a short nap, whereever or whenever possible.
Mama slept through most of the time, I think eight out of the ten hours journey. Her favourite 'pillow' is this notebook bag.
We dropped by at Sarikei for lunch. At a roadside stall there our foster parents bought a grilled chicken which we got to share.
Towards the last quarter of the journey i.e after Sri Aman town, we encountered lots of heavy rain .
We arrived Kuching around 7.00 pm .

No comments: